A little history, development methods, other experiences and education.
I’ve been active in within ICT since 1990, as a consultant since 1997 and as my own company between 2011 and 2021. The 10 years prior to 1990 were spent in the car-industry. Prior to 1990 and as a result of the Life Long Learning philosophy, study started early, covered a variety of disciplines (mechanical engineering, math, physics, economics, IT, languages, and car-tech to name a few) and never really seized.
Since 1990, all studies have had a strong focus on IT related subjects, mostly programming and design, never forgetting the learning and the goal have to be fun!
As a result of many years of experience in different areas of business, I have many international contacts I can utilize if my own expertise might not cover your specific demands or if you’re looking for a team of consultants rather than a single consultant.
Development and quality assurance methods used over the years:
- ITIL (certified)
Tools of the trade:
- Modern development tools such as MS Visual studio, Eclipse, Rational/IBM RDp, Visual Studio Code, WordPress, BluePrism studio, …
- Support and documentation tools such as MS Office, LibreOffice, MS Visio, ProjectPlace, JIRA, ALM, VisualFlow, …
Education-wise, I have studied:
- Computer science and programming
- Mechanical engineering
- Business economics
- Teacher – motor vehicles/car-tech
- Teacher – mathematics and physics
Before 1990 I was active for ten years in the car business in the following functions:
- Workshop manager
- Parts manager
- Car technician
- Car electrician
- MOT specialist